COMMUNITY Community Help  |  Community Rules
This question is resolved by Evo10's Best Answer. (10 pts) (View the Best Answer)
2 Replies Last post 2011-11-28 16:23 by 3muslimah | Add to Watchlist
DonCulo
DonCulo
United States
No Company Website
Overall Ranking
MP: 102

2010-08-10 09:22 Answer
What's Ramadan for Muslim and what are Muslims required to do during this time?

Hello,

I was just wondering and curious about what Ramadan fasting is, and when Ramadan starts, how long are Muslims supposed to fast?

I believe that there are a number of EC21 members from Muslim countries and hope they give me some hints. :D

Thanks in advance.

DonCulo
DonCulo
United States
No Company Website
Overall Ranking
MP: 102

1. 2010-08-10 09:55 in response to: DonCulo
Re : What's Ramadan for Muslim and what are Muslims required to do during this time?

Thanks!  it  saved  me  alot  of  time  to  find  the  answer  online  :D

3muslimah
3muslimah
Indonesia
My Company Website
Overall Ranking
MP: 20

2. 2011-11-28 16:23 in response to: DonCulo
Answer from Indonesia

There are so many virtues of fasting in the month of Ramadan which is rumored in the Qur'an and Sunnah. Ramadan fasting among the virtues is as follows:
1. That fasting is also obligatory upon the people before us. Allah says:

يَاأَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا كُتِبَ عَلَيْكُمُ الصِّيَامُ كَمَا كُتِبَ عَلَى الَّذِينَ مِنْ قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ
It means: "To those who believe, fasting obligatory upon you as required for those before you, that ye may be righteous." (Al Qu'an al-Baqarah: 183)
If fasting is not a great practice, then it may also be required for the fasted people before us. although they differ with fasting fasting we, meaning not in the month of Ramadan is obligatory upon them, but practice is a separate fasting has been prescribed for them which indicates that this practice is very great.

2. Fasting is the cause in forgive the sins and errors. Muhammad-sholallahu 'alaihi wasallam, said:

من صام رمضان إيمانا واحتسابا غُفِر له ما تقدم من ذنبه
Meaning: "He who fasts Ramadan with faith and hope (reward), forgiven the sins of past." (Agreed Blessings)
Faith means believing in God and the blessings of Ramadan fasting mandatory. hope that is expected in return and reward from God. If someone has convinced and blessing of his duty, to fast and do not hate on the obligation of fasting Ramadan, convinced of the merit and rewards to be gained then he will be forgiven his sins earlier.

3. That the reward of fasting are not tied to a specific amount, but the reward given to those who fasted without any calculation. Muhammad-sholallahu 'alaihi wasallam, said:
كل عمل ابن آدم له يضاعَف الحسنة بعشر أمثالها إلى سبعمائة ضعف ، قال الله تعالى : إلا الصوم فإنه لي وأنا أجزي به ، يَدَعُ شهوته وطعامه من أجليIt means: "All deeds for her son Adam and doubled every single good (thought) ten times the good and doubled to 700 times. Allah says: Except for fasting, because the practice is for Me and I will repay. (Because) left his lust and food for My sake. "(Muslim)

4. Two of happiness for people who are fasting. namely happiness when breaking the fast after abstinence, hungry and thirsty all day. and happiness when it met the inclusion of God in the afterlife with Him into heaven. Muhammad-sholallahu 'alaihi wasallam, said:
للصائم فرحتان فرحة عند فطره وفرحة عند لقاء ربه
It means: "To those who fasted two happiness: happiness when breaking the fast. And happiness when to meet their Lord." (Agreed Blessings)

5. That the practice of fasting to intercede who practice it. such as Al-Qur'an that gives intercession in the hereafter to those who read it. Muhammad-sholallahu 'alaihi wasalam, said:
الصيام والقرآن يشفعان للعبد يوم القيامة , يقول الصيام : أي رب منعتُه الطعام والشهوة فَشَفِّعْنِي فيه , ويقول القرآن : منعتُه النوم بالليل فَشَفِّعْنِي فيه , قال : فيشفعان
It means: "Fasting and the Qur'an intercede for the servant on the Day of Judgement. Fasting says: Yes GOD, I have kept him from food and lust then give intercession. Al-Quran says: my GOD, I have held of sleep at night then give intercession. Muhammad said: it is both intercede. "(Reported by Ahmad, Ath-Thabrany and Al-Hakim)

That's five virtues of fasting Ramadan. and many more virtues associated with the practice of fasting. with the mandatory deeds-deeds not only give the reward for us, and even makes us as being the main and filled with a bright future. may we serve as His servants are obedient and pleased with all of his decisions.

I hope the information I provide useful and make you recognize Islam as the religion of the Beautiful. if you want to know more please look for other information on google. or come to the mosque at the place you live and interact with the Muslims of Indonesia there. Islam may open your hearts.

Go to page
Answer  Post Topic  Ask Question