COMMUNITY Community Help  |  Community Rules
This question is resolved by abspesh's Best Answer. (30 pts) (View the Best Answer)
65 Replies Last post 2015-02-10 17:42 by Miss Yan | Add to Watchlist
mofel
mofel
United States
No Company Website
Overall Ranking
MP: 80

2010-03-03 17:58 Answer
why some sellers don't accept paypal? I am about to buy but he told me to pay via western. Is it a scam?

why some sellers don't accept paypal? I am about to buy but he told me to pay via western. He said, he only accept paypa if I'll buy large quantity. Is it a scam?

Robin
Robin
China
My Company Website
Overall Ranking
MP: 52

1. 2010-03-05 02:55 in response to: mofel
Re : why some sellers don't accept paypal? I am about to buy but he told me to pay via western. Is it a scam?

Mofel,  Paypal  charges  chinese  money  receiver  4%  as  the  receiving  fee.
so  it  is  not  normal  you  seller  say  he  will  accept  paypal  when  you  place  him  a  large  order.
if  he  wants  to  accpet  large  order  via  paypal,  why  not  accept  this  small  order.
WU  can  not  protect  you.

Metro
Metro
United States
My Company Website
Overall Ranking
MP: 72

2. 2010-03-10 12:32 in response to: mofel
Re : why some sellers don't accept paypal? I am about to buy but he told me to pay via western. Is it a scam?

Pay  Pal  is  not  available  in  all  countries.

ctecza2008
ctecza2008
United States
My Company Website
Overall Ranking

3. 2010-03-12 10:47 in response to: mofel

Paypal  has  corrupt  business  practices.    BE  AWARE.    As  sellers,  they  will  limit  your  access,  for  no  reason,  which  means  you  cant  send  or  receive  any  money,  from  your  account.    They  will  put  your  Paypal  balance  on  hold  and  close  out  your  account,  for  no  reason;  without  giving  you  any  notice.    I  speak  from  experience.    i  checked  with  the  better  business  bureau  in  San  Jose,  CA,  and  within  36  months,  they  have  had  over  7,000  complaints.    yet,  they  still  keep  an  A  rating  with  Betted  business  Bureau.    how  this  can  happen,  is  beyond  me.
    As  for  me,  i  am  getting  ready  to  file  another  complaint  and  take  my  case  to  Small  Claims  Court.    i  hope  this  information  has  helped  someone,  before  they  have  signed  up  for  Paypal.    Another  interesting  point,  is  that  Paypal  was  acquired  by  EBAY  in  2002    As  far  as  I  am  concerned,  they  are  working  hand  in  hand  to  preform  these  corrupt  practices.
      So,  I  say  to  ALL  SELLERS,  BEWARE
    Here  is  some  GOOD  NEWS.    If  you  need  a  credit  card  processor,  for  your  website,  go  to  www.paymate.com.    A  much  better  choice.    check  it  our.

evgenii
evgenii
Kazakhstan
No Company Website
Overall Ranking
MP: 54

4. 2010-03-28 02:48 in response to: mofel

Who  for  a  long  time  works  with  продовцами...  Can  recommend  a  good  and  reliable  way  of  payment...  Well  

hycfashion
hycfashion
China
My Company Website
Overall Ranking
MP: 42

5. 2010-03-28 19:21 in response to: mofel

PAYPAL charge is very expensive in China, 4% of total amount is the handling charge,and there is usd35/bill if you want cash from paypal account to our bank account in China. i think this is the reason why Chinese seller dont like it. i dont think there are so much cheater on EC21,because its a good B2B market.

Ger1
Ger1
United Kingdom
My Company Website
Overall Ranking
MP: 6

6. 2010-03-29 13:05 in response to: mofel

if the seller does not accept paypal then ask him /her to open an eskrow account this way way is same as paypal and you are protected

winwaycn
winwaycn
China
My Company Website
Overall Ranking
MP: 38

7. 2010-03-29 17:22 in response to: mofel

for  sellers,they  want  to  reduce  the  any  risk  of  business.  So  they  usually  ask  you  to  pay  as  the  way  the  usually  did  in  the  past  times.  And  paypal  is  seldom  used  by  most  of  them.  So  i  think  you  two  sides  needs  to  find  a  mutual  safe  point  .  I  think  this  is  not  a  scam.

abspesh
abspesh
Australia
No Company Website
Overall Ranking
MP: 62

8. 2010-03-30 08:26 in response to: mofel

This is a common response from the many scam artists who use EC21 to target honest buyers. i think EC21 should be doing more to crack down on these fraudulent artists who ask for western union transfers and then you never hear from them again and the website (temporary domain) is gone.
I've dealt with some honest sellers (mobile phones/laptop etc) in CHina who accept Paypal and not had any problems yet.

EC21 Administrator
EC21 Administrator
Korea
No Company Website
Overall Ranking
MP: -

9. 2010-04-01 02:01 in response to: abspesh

Quoting from abspesh :

This is a common response from the many scam artists who use EC21 to target honest buyers. i think EC21 should be doing more to crack down on these fraudulent artists who ask for western union transfers and then you never hear from them again and the website (temporary domain) is gone.
I've dealt with some honest sellers (mobile phones/laptop etc) in CHina who accept Paypal and not had any problems yet.

Dear Abspesh,

Thank you for your honest comment.

According to previous record, what you are saying regarding the Seller's Paypal Acceptance due to buyers' protection is pretty much right. However, we are not being involved in buyers and sellers business deal, but we only provide a marketplace for sellers and buyers including you so that all of you can come, join, and do the trade business through our platform. That is why we launched this community for you and other members to share the know-how and prevent yourself from frauds and do the safe trading.

Moreover, there are some fraudulent sellers who tend to accept only western union, but no paypal since there is less buyers protection using western union. On the other hand, as you may disagree, there aren't that many ways for EC21 to find the frauds ahead of their action. Therefore, we, EC21, strongly ask you, buyers for due dilligence or safe trading know-hows. Of course, if there is a seller who has been reported as a fraud by buyers, then no matter what, we open that fact to all other buyers and even ban the fraud suspect then report to Interpol and more...

However, we know it makes difficult for buyers to purchase freely without any doubt. Although it may so, please understand that we, EC21, do our double... triple best to make the traders network more safer and better.

After all, as mentioned before, we launched the forum, "Report & Verify Frauds" in this concern. So please use it wisely by asking others and share their safe trading know-hows. Furthermore, please ask us through Contact Us if having a hard time figuring out who you are dealing with. We will then inform you truthfully based on historical records if we have them. 

We are sorry for your inconvenience and will look forward to hearing from you in all concern.

Best regards,

EC21 administrator

[ Last edited at 2010-04-01 02:01 ]

Jimsunhint
Jimsunhint
China
My Company Website
Overall Ranking

10. 2010-04-01 13:38 in response to: mofel
jiRe : why some sellers don't accept paypal? I am about to buy but he told me to pay via western. Is it a scam?

Frankly speaking, I don't think I am a ignorant and ill-informed citizen as a 30-year-old business man. But I am really not familiar with what's Paypal and what it can do. However, I konw western, as that's a business cooperative partner with China Postel Saving & Remitance who have long history and was nourished by government. 

Big Knockers
Big Knockers
United States
No Company Website
Overall Ranking

11. 2010-04-15 21:22 in response to: mofel

Use  a  Escrow  company.  You  pay  them  the  money  and  once  the  contract  and  goods  are  executed  they  release  the  funds  to  the  supplier.  Never  use  Western  Union!

Sony Song
My Company Website
Overall Ranking
MP: -230

12. 2010-06-08 12:28 in response to: mofel  

[This post has been deleted by administrators at 2010-06-08 12:28]

Sony Song
My Company Website
Overall Ranking
MP: -230

13. 2010-06-08 12:27 in response to: evgenii  

[This post has been deleted by administrators at 2010-06-08 12:27]

MichaelGong
My Company Website
Overall Ranking
MP: 20

14. 2010-06-08 12:28 in response to: Sony Song  

[This post has been deleted by administrators at 2010-06-08 12:28]

Pink Girl
My Company Website
Overall Ranking
MP: 8

15. 2010-06-08 12:29 in response to: mofel  

[This post has been deleted by administrators at 2010-06-08 12:29]

Pink Girl
My Company Website
Overall Ranking
MP: 8

16. 2010-06-08 12:29 in response to: mofel  

[This post has been deleted by administrators at 2010-06-08 12:29]

Yufang
Yufang
China
My Company Website
Overall Ranking
MP: 18

17. 2010-06-10 00:05 in response to: mofel

PayPal  is  not  available  in  all  countries  and  maybe  PayPal  is  more  convenient  for  the  seller  you  inquired  with.

yeaco
yeaco
China
My Company Website
Overall Ranking

18. 2010-06-21 17:04 in response to: mofel

if you could give me the name of the company details, i can help you to check it.

yeaco
yeaco
China
My Company Website
Overall Ranking

19. 2010-06-21 17:05 in response to: Metro

paypay is not so popular in china.

Go to page
Answer  Post Topic  Ask Question