16 Replies Last post 2011-12-10 10:48 by theapparelend2011 | Add to Watchlist
EC21 Administrator
EC21 Administrator
Korea
No Company Website
Overall Ranking
MP: -

2012-04-21 01:24
Important Notice: Don't Be Fooled by Phishing Inquiries, Members!

Dear Members,

Please be aware of phishing inquiries. These phishing inquiry senders are the phishing scammers who pretend to be your important buyers in the inquiry message. These phishing scammers tend to ask you to visit their websites and sign-in with your email account in order to see their requirement. All members please be cautious with these phishing inquiries.

In order to prevent you from becoming a victim of these phishing scams, here are some tips for you to distinguish regular inquiries from these phishing inquiries.

• Details on Requirements
    Many buyers usually provide detailed information on their requirements when they inquire/send you with RFQ. If you don't see any name of your product on an inquiry message, you should suspect first. 

• Check the Web Address
    Of course, buyers can give you the link URL of the webpage where their requirements were posted. However, if you need to visit the webpage, you must check the web address whether if the URL address looks legitimate or not. First, compare the domain name with the company name. A legitimate company normally has a same domain name as their company name. Second, try different directories of the web address to see if it works. Let's say phishing URL is "http://centersoft.hut1.ru/samples/info.htm" Then, you should check "http://centersoft.hut1.ru/samples" as well in order to distinguish the legitimacy of the site. Phishing sites usually tend to have only login page on that given URL webpage.

• Try a fake password
    If you not sure if a site is authentic, don't use your real password to sign in. If you enter a fake password and appear to be signed in, you're likely on a phishing site. Do not enter any more information; close your browser. Keep in mind, though, that some phishing sites automatically display an error message regardless of the password you enter. Therefore, please know there can be exceptions.  

For your better understanding, here is a sample of Phishing emails reported on EC21.com.

H
ere are some samples of Phishing Inquiries reported on EC21.com.

Here are some samples how the typical Phishing Sites look like.

What should we do if receiving phishing inquiries?
You should report the phishing inquiries by using the "Report Scam" button appeared on "My Inquiry > Inbox"
or "Inbox > View Message" or simply Contact Us to submit the report directly to us.

Thank you for your kind attention and support.

EC21 Service Team

[ Last edited at 2012-04-21 01:24 ]

sedateroglu
My Company Website
Overall Ranking
MP: -40

1. 2011-06-10 11:38 in response to: EC21 Administrator  

[This post has been deleted by administrators at 2011-06-10 11:38]

sedateroglu
My Company Website
Overall Ranking
MP: -40

2. 2011-06-13 11:10 in response to: EC21 Administrator  

[This post has been deleted by administrators at 2011-06-13 11:10]

Grace Lv
Grace Lv
China
My Company Website
Overall Ranking
MP: 52

3. 2011-07-05 10:14 in response to: EC21 Administrator
Re : Important Notice: Don't Be Fooled by Phishing Inquiries, Members!

Thank you. I will be caution in the future.

burtov
burtov
Russia
My Company Website
Overall Ranking
MP: 66

4. 2011-08-06 10:55 in response to: EC21 Administrator

Thank's  very  much  for  the  good  information  and  advise

ZEE FOODS
My Company Website
Overall Ranking
MP: 20

5. 2011-09-22 15:04 in response to: EC21 Administrator  

[This post has been deleted by administrators at 2011-09-22 15:04]

Porsche993
Porsche993
Italy
No Company Website
Overall Ranking

6. 2011-09-13 03:05 in response to: EC21 Administrator

Thank you. For valuable information but I would like to report a user seller I sent it too fraudolento.io 4000. Usd and I sent the goods, I tried. To contact the seller, but it is not responding to my email I want to point out. The unanimous e. Address by http://happy-kingstar.en.ec21.com/ Contact us Kingstar Industry Co., Ltd [China] Address: No.1007 Chuangye Road, Nanshan District Shenzhen Guangdong China Phone: 86-0755-15919912839 Contact name: Mark Offline

Porsche993
Porsche993
Italy
No Company Website
Overall Ranking

7. 2011-09-13 03:57 in response to: EC21 Administrator

Contact  us
Kingstar  Industry  Co.,  Ltd
[China]      
Address:
No.1007  Chuangye  Road,  Nanshan  District  Shenzhen  Guangdong  China
Phone:
86-0755-15919912839
Contact  name:
Mark

Thank  you.  For  valuable  information  but  I  would  like  to  report  a  user  seller
I  sent  it  too  fraudolento.io  4000.  Usd  and  I  sent  the  goods,  I  tried.  To  contact  the  seller,  but  it  is  not  responding  to  my  email
I  want  to  point  out.  The  unanimous  e.  Address  by
http://happy-kingstar.en.ec21.com/

Porsche993
My Company Website
Overall Ranking

8. 2011-09-22 15:03 in response to: EC21 Administrator  

[This post has been deleted by administrators at 2011-09-22 15:03]

Porsche993
Porsche993
Italy
No Company Website
Overall Ranking

9. 2011-09-23 03:48 in response to: EC21 Administrator

To  your  attention.  Known,  that  despite  my  repeated.  Email,  to  my  amazement  I  see.  Who  have  given  credence  to  the  lies  (badly  told)  the  seller,  rather  than  to  assess  your  means  truth.  I  wish  to  emphasize  some  facts  and  hope  that  at  least  want  to  evaluate  and  judge  who  is  lying  (1)  (Having  said  that  between  me  and  the  seller  (thief)  the  agreement  provided  for  delivery  at  a  time  not  exceeding  11  days,  via  uk  packs  of  1080  march3  shaving  razor  (original)  (invede  I  discovered  that  the  vendor  sells  copies.  So  commits  a  crime)  days  will  have  passed  (64)  (and  I  think  I  have  the  right  not  to  want  more  goods).  the  seller  His  defense  gave  (to  you  a  version  of  events  is  not  credible  or  believable  for  convenience  only)  (arguing  that  the  parcels  were  sent  to  UK  where  he  was  to  be  waiting  for  his  agent,  who  has  never  withdrawn.  (sostiene.  that  Amcor  uk  post  office  parcels  were  sent  back  to  China  on  September  5  (but  everything  to  prove  that  it  provides  only  the  shipping  numbers,  (I  can  not  know  what  the  package  contained,  and  who  it  was  intended.  (but  also  wanting  to  believe  what  it  says,  I  think  that  from  uk  to  china  18  days  is  too  much  and  therefore  should  have  received  the  packages,  or  know  where  they  are.  I  several  times  on  london  messenger  and  I  tried  to  get  answers  but  the  seller  does  not  respond  I  personally  think  that  actually  my  money  has  been  stolen.  I  am  sure  that  you  do  not  avefe  no  responsibility  for  what  happened.  But  I  inform  you  that  I  have  instructed  a  lawyer  to  pursue  your  advertiser  and  you  add  hosting  vendor  that  provides  copies  of  known  brands  being  informed,  a  commit  a  crime  (complicity),  and  considering  I  conclude  by  saying  that  you  prefer  to  keep  a  thief  among  your  exhibitors.  knowing  that  it  continues  to  cheat.  sincere  customers,  because  there  is  a  monthly  subscription,  but  do  not  think  that  credibility  of  the  platform,  it  can  undergo  gostra  consequences.  I  am  forced  to  report  your  atteggiame  yo  superficilaita.  Utor  A  competent,  and  Korean  to  Chinese  Ambassador  in  Italy  olttre  bad  publicity  to  make  your  site  I  hope  that  you  will  know  the  facts  with  autonomy  valutatre  considering  an  absolute  truth  (I  sent  the  last  65  days  money  and  still  have  not  goods)  and  delete  your  save  the  thief  Rigna  Thanks

EC21 Administrator
EC21 Administrator
Korea
No Company Website
Overall Ranking
MP: -

10. 2011-10-09 00:51 in response to: Porsche993

Quoting from Porsche993 :

To  your  attention.  Known,  that  despite  my  repeated.  Email,  to  my  amazement  I  see.  
Who  have  given  credence  to  the  lies  (badly  told)  the  seller,  rather  than  to  assess  your  means  truth.
I  wish  to  emphasize...

Dear Porsche993,

I'm sorry to hear your situation.

However, please know that this notice is about warning of phishing attempts using EC21 Inquiry mailing system. I don't see your situation has any relevance to this phishing issue, but more likely to be a fraud issue.
Moreover, I am really sorry to say this but we haven't received any mails from you regarding the case as far as I checked.

Therefore, I suggest you to report fraud case properly by submitting the complaint at "Contact Us" > "Report a Fraud" rather than posting your story here.

If you do so, I promise you our Fraud Investigation Team will assist you with their best effort.

Thank you for your cooperation.

EC21 Administrator

[ Last edited at 2011-10-09 00:51 ]

rahim
My Company Website
Overall Ranking
MP: 20

11. 2011-12-13 10:31 in response to: EC21 Administrator  

[This post has been deleted by administrators at 2011-12-13 10:31]

sandal
My Company Website
Overall Ranking